The Department of Pediatric Surgery is divided into two units: the Pediatric Orthopedics Unit and the Pediatric Surgery Unit.
In turn, in each of the units, the main areas, the so-called "programs", are highlighted.
Thus, the Pediatric Orthopedics Unit includes a program of Pediatric Orthopedics and a program of Neuroorthopedics. The Pediatric Surgery Unit includes the programs "Head & Neck", Neonatal Surgery, Pediatric General Surgery, Thoracic and Hepatobiliary Surgery with Liver Transplantation, Urology with Kidney Transplantation.
The main positions in which UMC is the leader in the country.
- pediatric renal transplantation;
- pediatric liver transplantation;
- pediatric surgical correction of scoliosis in pediatric patients;
- endoprosthesis replacement for oncological pathology of bones and joints in pediatric patients;
- reconstructive plastic surgery for stenosis of the larynx and trachea in pediatric patients;
- bone reconstructive plastic surgery for congenital and acquired defects of the upper and lower jaws in pediatric patients (including with the use of distraction devices);
- neurourology, endovideosurgical operations;
- pediatric urology-andrology;
- neonatal surgery;
- pediatric thoracic surgery, coloproctology, esophageal surgery, etc.