The CAD of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care includes:
• Pediatric Anesthesiology, Resuscitation and Intensive Care Unit (PARICU);
• Anesthesiology, Resuscitation and Intensive Care Unit (ARICU);
• Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU);
• Transfusiology Unit.
The Resuscitation Units of the department provide multidisciplinary planned and emergency anesthetic and resuscitation care, round-the-clock service "Code Blue" - conditions requiring emergency care, provide medical and advisory assistance through air ambulance in the regions of Kazakhstan.
The NICU provides emergency and planned medical care to newborns born in the CF UMC and transferred from other medical institutions in Kazakhstan. The main objective of the NICU is to reduce perinatal morbidity and mortality.
The Transfusiology Unit has a round-the-clock medical and nursing posts, and includes: an immunohematological laboratory, a bank for storing components and donor blood preparations, and a hemocorrection room.
The main services of the Transfusiology Unit:
• collection of hematopoietic stem cells;
• extracorporeal photopheresis;
• cascade plasma filtration;
• plasma exchange;
• storage of components and products of donor blood.