The CAD of Laboratory Medicine, Pathology and Genetics has three units:
1. Laboratory Medicine Unit
a. Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory
b. Microbiological Laboratory
c. Express Laboratory
2. Pathological Anatomy Unit
3. Clinical Genetic Diagnostics Unit
The CAD of Laboratory Medicine, Pathology and Genetics provides a wide range of services
Clinical diagnostic laboratory
1. Hematologic studies
2. Biochemical screen
3. Hemostasis studies
4. General clinical research
5. Molecular biological research
6. Immunology research
8. Cytologic screening
1. Microbiological research
2. Serological studies
3. Sanitary research
Analysis of acute and exigent conditions
Pathological Anatomy Unit
Surgical pathology or sectional biopsy; express biopsy of intraoperative material; autopsy services; immunohistochemical study of surgical material; provision of advisory assistance to regional clinics.
Clinical Genetic Diagnostics Unit
1) Genetic counseling, including prenatal counseling and pregnancy planning counseling;
2) Cytogenetic studies, including standard cytogenetic study of bone marrow cells, peripheral blood, fetal cord blood, placental villi.
3) Molecular cytogenetic studies - FISH studies using DNA probes.
4) Molecular genetic studies, including PCR, qPCR, in the field of oncohematology and MLPA, fragment analysis.